A while back we published an article on what’s phishing?
The official Google blog has now published a few tips on how to avoid phishing attempts on your computer.
– Don’t reply to or click on links in emails that ask for personal, financial, or account information.
– Check the message headers. The From: address and the Return-path should reference the same source.
– Instead of clicking the links in emails, go to the websites directly by typing the web address into your browser, cut and paste or use bookmarks.
– If on a secure page, look for “https” at the begging of the URL and the padlock icon in the browser.
– Keep your computer’s antivirus, spyware, browser, and security patches up to date and regularly run system scans.
– Review your accounts regularly and check for unauthorized activity.
– Use a browser that has a phishing filter (Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Opera).
Until next time 😉
Peter – Your Anti Phishing Guide